26 July 2008

(22) Buddhism

I have had an interest in Buddhism since I learned about Asia in 6th grade (end of the 80’s). Japan being nearly an obsession I started with Zen. I worked my way around Asia and how Buddhism changed with the cultures. I investigated the history all the way back into India. Somewhere in the mix I learned about Tibet and became very interested in Tibetan Buddhism, so much so that I currently am studying Classical Tibetan to one day be able to read and translate Buddhist texts. This coming up semester I am also taking a Tibetan philosophy class from the same visiting professor teaching me the language.

1 comment:

isabella mori said...

oh, this is exciting! i'd love to hear more about this! i hope you will submit one of your posts to my buddhist carnival!

from a fellow blogathoner ... :)