26 July 2008

(18) Family

My family is the most important force in my life. I moved back to NY and in with my parents when they needed help taking care of my brother with autism (among many others). Even though my brother now lives in a group home, because he did not want to live here and there are more people to help him), I have not moved out and really do not plan to, but to continue helping my parents. They were there for me and now I am going to be there for them.

I remember when I was growing up and my Grandparents still lived in Buffalo (NY), their house was actually 2 flats. My Great Grandmother lived downstairs and my Grandparents and an Uncle lived upstairs. When I was 7 I was honoured when I was allowed to carry down my great Grandmother’s breakfast tray and help her to eat it.

No comments: