26 July 2008

(04) Japan (日本国)

I have an almost obsession with Asia, esp. Japan. Maybe it started with anime or martial arts films when I was a kid in the early 80’s. I think it was reinforced when my Godparents adopted a baby girl from Korea (I always thought she was Japanese until recently and she is now in her early 20s) and the baby shower was at a Japanese woman’s house – all that authentic food did it! I am finally going to start formal Japanese language lessons from the same professor I had a Japanese culture class from last semester, Sakamoto Sensei.

I really enjoyed learning the history of Japan, and I have always been very interested in its religion. There is something about the level of respect the Japanese have for each other that is most appealing; something the USA, in general, could or should learn.

No comments: