27 July 2008

(35) Skulls

There is something about skulls that I am drawn to, maybe because my favourite holiday is Halloween or maybe because of horror films. Could also be because of pirates, esp. after watching Goonies as a kid, who am I kidding I just bought the DVD last week. I have a mini skeleton hanging here by my desk and a larger skull next to me, one large enough to evoke Shakespeare –
“Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio: a fellow
of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy: he hath
borne me on his back a thousand times; and now, how
abhorred in my imagination it is! my gorge rims at
it. Here hung those lips that I have kissed I know
not how oft. Where be your gibes now? your
gambols? your songs? your flashes of merriment,
that were wont to set the table on a roar? Not one
now, to mock your own grinning? quite chap-fallen?
Now get you to my lady's chamber, and tell her, let
her paint an inch thick, to this favour she must
come; make her laugh at that.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just have to squee for Goonies! LOL

Keep it up, you're doing great. Almost 3/4 of the way through!

JL